|Listen to sample:|
|Buy the Venice guide:|
"You fall in love with glass, as you fall in love with Venice, as you fall in love with life."
Eleanora Gardini, Venetian Glass Designer.
What's a SoundGuide?
Say hello to your new best friend! SoundGuides deliver a heady mix of straight-talking information, drama, history, banter, gossip and a bit of fun thrown in. This comprehensive and self-guided audio tour of Venice is custom made to enhance your experience without getting in your way. It's the next best thing to having a friend in every city.
SoundGuides tracks are split into two categories to maximize your flexibility.
Before You Go
- Planning: What's really going to interest me? What can I fit in?
- Hidden Treasures: Explore Napoleon's isle of the dead.
- Hot Tips: Jump queues and find the best place to eat in Venice.
- Famous Venetians: Discover the life and loves of Signore Casanova!
- Venice and the Arts: How did a ginger priest and an orphanage bring music to your ears?
- History: Find out how a tiny city played such massive part in history?
- Language: Did you know Venetian is a living language?
- Go Native: Discover real Burano lace and take your own Passageata
- The Piazza di San Marco: 64 Million visitors a year step off the boat stop here to marvel at the crowning glory of the Lion Republic. What was the Lion Republic?
- The Basilica di San Marco: Discover how East meets West in the Doge's cathedral and find out why St. Mark is so important to Venice.
- The Doge's Palace: Marvel at the lavish palace of the Venetian Dukes and find out who lived here and how they ruled.
- The Campanile: What has Galileo got in common with a squashed cat?
- The Grand Canal: How to get the best out of those glorious water front palaces.
- La Fenice: Discover 'The Phoenix' The Opera house that rose from the ashes.
- The Islands: There's much more to see when you stray from Venice to the islands around her, find out why it's worth the trip.
Go on, travel with a SoundGuide - You'll come back brighter
|Over 4 Hours of Fascinating Audio. Over 30 Features covering all of the major attractions.|
|British Pounds: 4.95 £|
Alternative Guides to Venice: